SuperCharge offers comprehensive warranties for your new vehicle or marine battery. The benefits under these warranties are in addition to other legal rights you may have in relation to SuperCharge products.
Our wide range of vehicle, commercial, marine, deep cycle, dual purpose, hybrid, and motorcycle products are warranted against defects due to faulty manufacturing for the following periods commencing from the date of purchase:
|Gold Sealed MF Product||Up to 36 months|
|Gold Plus Sealed MF Product||Up to 40 months|
|Silver Sealed MF Product||Up to 24 months|
|Silver Plus Sealed MF Product||Up to 30 months|
|Classic Accessible Product||Up to 30 months|
|SeaMaster Gold Sealed MF Product||Up to 24 months|
|SeaMaster Accessible MF Product||Up to 18 months|
|Amp-Tech Deep Cycle||12 month warranty|
|Allrounder Dual Purpose||12 month warranty|
|X-Pack Conventional: Accessible Product||12 month warranty|
|Motorcycle Batteries||12 month warranty|
|Taxi||6 month warranty|
|All batteries for commercial use||12 month warranty.|
Proof of purchase for your vehicle or marine battery is needed to claim under this warranty. You must return the product, with proof of purchase, to any SuperCharge reseller or our head office in Mt Wellington in person or freight prepaid by you.
If SuperCharge (itself or through its reseller) finds on examination that the battery is defective due to faulty manufacturing and is within the specified warranty period, then the battery will be replaced with an equivalent unit free of charge. The warranty period is not renewed or extended as a result of this replacement.
The battery will not be covered by the warranty if:
- It has been subjected to overcharging, undercharging, abuse, physical damage, a faulty vehicle charging system, neglect (sulphation), a long period of storage or installation without reconditioning, failure to maintain acid levels (for accessible types), tampered markings or broken or removed vent plugs
- It is discharged
- It has been topped up with any liquid other than distilled water
- Damage caused by acid spillage due to improper topping up causing overfill (applies to accessible batteries)
- It has been repaired or modified by a third party without SuperCharge’s consent
- The failure is caused by faulty terminals
- You have installed a vehicle battery that has a lower capacity than is originally specified by the manufacturer of the equipment in which the battery has been used
- The unit is damaged because of an explosion due to faulty connection (loose or reversed connection, flayed cables) or damage due to improper mounting or misapplication such as through the use of a deep cycle battery in the wrong application and vice-versa
- The defects are as a result of normal wear and tear
Your warranty does not cover the cost of labour for the removal of your vehicle or marine battery, or for the replacement of the unit into the vehicle, without SuperCharge’s prior written approval.
This warranty is given by SuperCharge Batteries, 8B Westfield Pace, Mt. Wellington Auckland 1060 New Zealand. Telephone 00800 188 122 or 02 9579 6260.
In New Zealand our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the New Zealand Fair Trading Act. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.